Monday, June 11, 2012

Keep Your Existing Tub

Yep, I said keep it!  I know you wouldn't think a designer would say to keep anything existing about a dated bathroom.  But if your tub is neutral and in good shape, consider keeping it.  With a little freshening up, this could be a great way to stretch your budget.
Take a look at the first one...
 Very plain (and boring) cultured marble tub.  This is the first thing you see when walking into this bathroom.  And after...

I removed the side splashes and shelf behind the tub.  Then added mosaic tile to the surround and a granite shelf.  We updated the faucets and added a wood paneled tub apron.  A tip: These are actually operational cabinet fronts so you have access to the plumbing.  Now that's a tub worth being a focal point!
   
How about this one...
 Another boring tub, in this case acrylic.  And after...
Again, I removed the side splashes surrounding the tub and added tile with a mosaic insert.  This time I was able to use a tiled tub apron since we added an access panel to the plumbing in a closet located behind the tub spout.

Now on both of these projects, the customer originally thought they wanted a new tub because they were unattractive.  Both were pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  And I was able to use that money elsewhere.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice!! I'm going to follow you on Bloglovin!! That is my favorite blog follow spot!

    ReplyDelete