I was contacted by Stacey, a writer for the Commercial Appeal, for some ideas for fall decorating. You can read her full article here. These are the 5 items I suggested:
- Switch out the shades on your chandelier. This could be to a fun fall color or even burlap.
These are some great looking ones I just ordered in for a client.
- Burlap continues to be super hot this fall. Add it as a table runner or bunch up a square of fabric under your table centerpeice.
- Put out a clear bowl filled with in-shell mixed nuts. This is an inexpensive (and tasty) way to add some color and texture.
- Grab some branches from your yard. If you are lucky enough to have birch trees, they have install fall appeal. But any branch will add dimension and height. If you want to jazz it up, you can spray paint them a fun mettalic color, like gold.
- Group lanterns together for an eye catching display. Add berries or candles to bring in some fall color or scents.
I love fall! Just the thought of snuggling with a warm cozy throw and a bowl of soup makes me smile. So, let's get our homes ready to celebrate as the cooler season approaches!