Sunday, September 27, 2009

University of Memphis presentation



I am on the board of the local chapter of the NKBA in the position of VP of Academic Relations. One of my goals is to try to get students involved and raise awareness for the organization. As an alumni, I got in touch with my professor, Patti Bradford. She is the go to person for the home furnishings area of concentration. We arranged for myself and a fellow alumni to come speak to a class of students. We spoke about what we do in our industry and tips for getting a job in this market. We also brought examples of our work and discussed the "green" movement. The talk wrapped up with discussing the National Kitchen and Bath Association. I was impressed by how the students were so interested and involved! They asked wonderful questions. We ended up taking the entire hour and a half. It was a real success! We have been asked to come again at the beginning of the spring semester. I can't wait to do it again!!!
Pin It

2 comments: