Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Warm Inviting Space

BeforeAfter

I wanted to show a kitchen that I just completed and truly love! (Not to mention it was for, quite possibly, the nicest customers I have ever had!) One reason I wanted to feature this is because it is a wood kitchen...Cherry in fact. So many people think that they need white kitchens or it will look like a cave. This proves that is not the case. The key is to visually open up the kitchen and improve the lighting. This is something that I strive to do in every kitchen regardless of color. I think one of the reasons we see so many white kitchens these days in magazines is because they photograph better. But in person, the beauty of wood is breathtaking. I definately do many rich wood bathroom vanities, especially in master baths. But mostly the kitchens are white with maybe a wood island for warmth. While the white is classic and clean, I encourage you to think outside of the box and create a warm and inviting space!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment